Note Epson EH TW8200 (Fantastic Projector) is Sold Out
Epson EH TW 5600 Home Cinema Projector Review
has a slightly increased brightness over the TW5300.
If you've making a decision on the basis of 300 lumens then you're already looking at the wrong projector.
In cinema modes you'd be using eco lamp mode with a much lower light output.
The lower the output the blacker the blacks in controlled light viewing rooms and the longer the lamp lasts not to mention less fan noise.
- Slightly more zoom 1.6 vs. 1.4
- 15 Deg Vert lens shift
- Same noise levels
- Same contrast claims
- Slightly larger case
- Believable 35,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 2500 vs. 2200 Lumens in High mode (This runs the fan flat out)
(To see much of a difference you need a lot more than 300)
A nice model update on a very successful all round projector..
RRP AU $1,149.00
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
Read the fine print
You need to read the fine print when Epson (or any) talk about Contrast Ratio on some projectors, especially when the numbers are high.
The short version is Epson's 1m+ CR tests are in a mode (Dynamic) that you won't use for true cinema, tested with images you'll never project (a black screen followed by a white screen), on a screen smaller (40-70 inch) than you'd ever buy!
BenQ W1090 vs. Epson EH TW5300 (Basically the same as TW5600)
- Amazing Colour Brightness – Up to 3x brighter colours than 1-chip DLP projectors*.
- High Definition 1080p – For Full HD movies, games and more — up to 300" on virtually any wall or screen.
- Verticle Lens shift – Set up projector right out of the box for HD entertainment.
- Wide Ranging Connectivity – Connect to virtually any device.
- Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) –
Simply connect your MHL compatible smart device with an MHL cable to
enjoy content from your smartphone or tablet, including movies, games
- Detail Enhancement – Makes DVDs and standard definition content come alive.
- Frame Interpolation – For smoother, sharper and more realistic action scenes.
- Exciting 3D Adventures – Delivers eye-popping 3D entertainment at home with RF 3D glasses (sold separately).
- 2D-to-3D Conversion – Easily transform 2D images to spectacular 3D for unlimited 3D content.
- Low Cost of Ownership –
Long life, cost efficient lamps and a High Efficiency Filter extends
the life of your projector and allows for hassle free maintenance.
- New Home Screen – A new simple home screen, puts all the most commonly used functions at your fingertips.
- Easy Setup – Getting started is easy with image adjustment tools and a built in 10W speaker.
- 2 Year Projector Warranty – Enjoy peace of mind.
|WHAT'S IN THE BOX|
|EH-TW5600 Projector, Power Cable, Remote Control + Batteries, Manual|
|LCD Panel||0.61-inch wide panel|
|Lamp Type||200W UHE|
|Colour Light Output||2,500 Lumens|
|White Light Output||2,500 Lumens|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:9|
|Colour Reproduction||Up to 1.07 billion colours|
|Colour Processing||10 bit|
|Keystone Correction||Vertical: -30 to +30 degrees
Horizontal: -30 to +30 degrees
|Lens Shift||Vertical: +15%
|Optical Zoom||1 - 1.6 (Optical)|
|Screen Size||30" to 300" [0.87 to 8.9m] (Zoom: Wide)
30" to 300" [1.42 to 14.5m] (Zoom: Tele)
|Projection Distance||100" screen 2.95m - 4.78m|
|Throw Ratio||1.33 (Zoom: Wide), 2.16 (Zoom: Tele)|
|Projection Lens F Number||1.51-1.99|
|Projection Lens Focal Length||18.2 mm-29.2 mm|
|Input: Video||1x D-sub 15-Pin (RGB), 1 x USB for firmware update, 1 x USB mini B (service)|
|Input: Computer||1 x D-sub 15-pin (RGB)|
|Input: Digital||2 x HDMI (1 x MHL)|
|Output: Audio||1 x Audio out|
|Speaker Output||1 x 10W|
|MHL - Mobile High Definition Link||Yes|
|2D to 3D Conversion||Yes|
|Direct Power On||Yes|
|Bluetooh Audio||Yes (SBC, aptX)|
|Security||Kensington® – style lock provision|
|Colour Modes||2D: Dynamic, Bright Cinema, Natural, Cinema
3D: 3D Dynamic, 3D Cinema
|Dimensions D x W x H||285 x 309 x 122 mm|
|Projector Warranty||2 Years|
|Lamp Warranty||1 Year or 750 Hours*|
|Power Consumption: Lamp on||296 W|
|Power Consumption: Standby||0.2 W|
|Noise Level||Normal / Eco: 37 / 27 dB|
|* Which ever comes first.|
|PRODUCT OPTIONS||Item Code||Description|
|V12H003P13||Extension Pole 668-918mm|
|V12H003P14||Extension Pole 918-1,168mm|
is the registered trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson ESC/P2
and Epson Stylus are trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. MicroDot is a
trademark of Epson Australia Pty Limited. All other product names and
other company names used herein are for identification purposes only and
may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
owners. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Advert - Looking for Award Winning projectors at great prices?
Check out the BenQ range of 3D Home Cinema & Gaming projectors
They even have a TRUE 4K model (not enhanced).
Call AIM for DEMO prices on TRUE 4K and save thousands!